Having official transcripts sent to UB

You must have official transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions, University at Buffalo, for any courses you have taken since you attended high school at any institution other than the University at Buffalo.

Have your official transcripts sent to this address. You can also hand-deliver sealed, unopened official transcripts to this address:

Office of Admissions
University at Buffalo
12 Capen Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260

Steps for requesting an official transcript

Academic records are maintained at colleges and universities by the office of records or the registrar’s office. You must visit this office in person or contact the office through the college’s website. These are the steps you need to follow in either case:

In person visit to the Records/Registrar’s Office

  1. Use on-line campus directories and maps to find location and hours of Records/Registrars Office.
  2. Once at the office, you will request that a transcript be sent to UB. You will then be given a form to fill out so bring the UB address stated above with you.
  3. Bring your checkbook or credit card. Institutions often charge for each transcript that is sent out.

Using the Internet to find transcript information and or Records/Registrar’s Office

  1. Google and search for the institution’s website, Ex: University at Buffalo’s website is www.buffalo.edu.
  2. Once you are at the school’s homepage, find the “Search” box.
  3. In the Search box, type “transcript”. If this produces no satisfactory results, type “Records” or “Registrar”.
  4. You should then see instructions for requesting transcripts and making payment.

When will transfer credit appear on my UB record?

It typically takes three to five weeks from the time that you request that a transcript be sent till the time that it will be entered on your academic record and then show up on your HUB report. If you do not see the courses and credit on your HUB report after four (4) weeks, call the transfer institution to confirm that the transcript was sent to UB. If it was sent, you should then call UB’s Office of Admissions and check to make sure that the transcript was received and is being processed. Admissions’ toll-free number is 1-888-UB-ADMIT.