What is TAURUS?
Transfer Articulation and University Requirements at UB System (TAURUS) is the University at Buffalo’s (UB) articulation website. It displays course articulation approved by UB faculty. TAURUS displays UB’s course equivalency information.
Effective June 28, 2012, TAURUS users will see course equivalency data available in HUB, UB’s current student information system and will search this data with UB software, CEG for TAURUS. We feel CEG is easy to use and think you will also. As always, your questions are welcome by email to TAURUS.
Effective Nov. 1, 2012, Uselect will no longer be available as this information is available through the CEG for TAURUS website.
Using TAURUS: The Transfer Articulation System
Go to TAURUS and search UB’s course equivalencies by choosing one of these links:
- Course credits transferred to UB from other academic calendar systems will be converted into semester credits.
- Articulation course equivalencies on this web site DO NOT guarantee transfer credit which is calculated for each individual student. However, degree-level course credit from schools listed in TAURUS is transferable to UB.
- Students are responsible for UB’s Transfer Credit Policy, published each year in the University at Buffalo Undergraduate Catalog.
- Students with SUNY transfer courses may us the SUNY Transfer Credit Appeal Process to petition the UB credit and course equivalencies awarded for these courses.
For More Information about transferring to UB (select a link below):
Or select one of the tabs at the top of this page:
- Department Abbreviations – Department names and general education categories for UB course prefixes
- Alternative/Exam Credit – This table has links to UB exam articulation pages and home pages for the most requested exam credit types: AP, IB, CGE A-Level, CLEP and DANTES
- Transfer.buffalo.edu – Links to information about UB transfer services and applying to UB
- General Education Requirements – Details of UB’s General Education curriculum
- Undergraduate Catalog – Access UB Undergraduate Catalog and online course descriptions
- UB Home Page – More information about UB and a “Find People” search window
- Articulation Form – Use it to request articulation. Fill in the form, attach a course description and syllabus and forward to your academic department or to the TAS office
- Email TAURUS – Ask a question and we’ll send you an answer, usually the same day